10 Top Tips for Lawn Bowls Beginners
August 25, 2008 by bowler
1) Learn the etiquette of the game!
(So you don’t wind up your opponent or give him/her the upper hand)
2) Always stay calm, or give that impression
3) Choose a set of woods that fit your hand, that won’t slip in the wet (ask advise).
4) In a game of singles, if opponent ‘is on the jack’, first priority is draw for 2nd wood!!
5) Try to practice with good bowlers, to raise your game.
6) Enter as many competitions/tournaments as possible, to gain experience.
7) Keep drawing, fire as a very last resort!! Practice firing, don’t wait for an important game.
8 If you lose, never blame the green/woods/settings/someone moved, accept your opponent
played better and congratulate them.
9) Arrive at a competition in plenty of time and prepare mentally and ensure you have all the
10) When all seems lost, keep drawing, the game WILL turn around.